A proud history, an exciting future
C Soar & Sons (UK) Ltd was established over 50 years ago by Clarence Soar as a general scrap merchant. He soon moved into working with scrap cable and dismantling electrical equipment resulting from war times and the mining industry, before progressing into working with the regional electricity companies and various power stations.
The business remains entirely family owned, being run by the second and third generations. Having recently invested over £5 million in redeveloping our site and state-of-the-art equipment, our commitment to the future needs of the electricity industry is assured.
The market leader
We offer a complete one-stop shop for the electricity and associated industries - from site assessment to collection and dismantling, degassing, recycling and disposal.
Our aim is to simplify the whole process for our customers by using our vast range of skills and experience. We are by far the largest specialist electrical plant recycling company in the UK, and this is reflected by our long-term contracts with most of the regional electricity companies such as Scottish and Southern Energy, UK Power Networks, Scottish Power and Northern Powergrid.
We are also an approved industry supplier and work for all the power stations in the UK, the National Grid and EDF Energy Nuclear Generation Limited.
Our superb facilities
In 2013, C. Soar & Sons (UK) Ltd completed a huge project to redevelop our site and facilities. This involved an investment of over £5 million and included many upgrades to our equipment to ensure it remained fully state of the art. This investment has given us facilities which are far superior to those of competitors, underlining the company’s market leading position and its commitment to the future of the industry.
Our equipment and plant
C Soar & Sons (UK) Ltd continually invest heavily in our operation and equipment, all of which is fully owned by the business. This includes:
- A fleet of flat-bed trailers
- Tractor units with EU Cat6 engines equipped with 40-tonne/metre lorry-mounted cranes
- Tractor units with EU Cat6 engines equipped with 65-tonne/metre lorry-mounted crane for heavier equipment
- 32-tonne roll on roll off skip wagons complete with numerous skips specifically designed and built for transporting electrical equipment
- 360 material handlers, specifically designed for the waste industry
- A 60-tonne heavy duty crawler crane
- A gas chromatograph for PCB analysing
- A state-of-the-art SF6 processing facility
- 50-ton capacity digital weighbridges